Saturday, January 24, 2009

New York New York

I'm in New York and it's cold. I took the red eye flight on virgin america last night and got about 3 hours of sleep. It was a fine flight, aside form the panic attack I had. It was crazy. I woke up about an hour into the flight and felt off. It kept getting worse and I started sweating this cold, nasty sweat, but just on my neck and head. Then my heart started to beat fast, rapidly increasing. At first I thought I was going to literally die and had no idea why. I thought it had something to do with my sinuses being stuffed up form being sick and that it was putting so much pressure on my brain that I was having an aneurysm or something but then I realized I was going to be okay and started to breathe deeply and calmly in through my nose and out of y mouth and was able to calm myself down. At one point I almost peed my pants because I was too afraid to get up and walk to the front of the cabin because I was thought I would back out and fall and that would be really fucking awkward because it could have been a repeat of the comic con misadventure at dick's last resort that I will not write about because it is behind me now and I am embarrassed.

Aside from the panic attack, the flight as fine. I drank the water I brought with me in my klean kanteen and didn't eat or drink any of the airplane drinks or food(Not that that is any big deal. I just felt like giving klean kanteen a plug because they're a pretty awesome company I found out about from a fishing guide I had on the McCloud River in Northern California).

No comments: