Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New School Year

Well, the summer has finally come to an end and reality has definitely set in. I am working again, this time for a bit more money but with a lot more work. I was hired to teach 3 English classes and I am now, officially, the Director of Student Activites. But let's talk about that for a minute. So I always wanted to teach English, and now I am, but I somehow was convinced (mainly by myself) that it would be a good idea to take this new position. I mean, how bad can it be? I work with the student government kids, who are all awesome over achievers who actually want to be there and I also get to work with the administration, which will be beneficial to me at some point, I think. So what's wrong? you might be asking. Well, I am in charge of planning just about everything under the sun from club fairs to picture day to prom and back again. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't happen to be the world's most disorganized procrastinator. Oh yeah, I get to head up the spirit rally where I speak in front of the entire school on our football field too. There are over 2500 hundred kids and at least 175 teachers and other school employees as well. No biggie. The largest crowd I've spoken in front of before this was my speech class in college where I chose to talk about my drug addiction from high school and I could have been half retarded and spit on everyone in the class and still gotten an A. I think there were 17 people in that class? This might actually be the first time in my life where I can truly admit that I might be in a bit over my head. but just a bit. I feel like I can jump up every once in a while and take a short breath. That's called Friday night. I drink. Heavily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.