Saturday, April 01, 2006

glad you could make it

you might be asking yourself, "mr. hustle, what is a fronter?"
Well, that is a very good question. Instead of giving you my definition right off the bat, I was thinking that maybe it could be revealed to you as I keep this updated. I guess I started doing this because it has been a long time in the making. I have friends who blog and they inspired me to get this going, but what really sparked this was a conversation I had last night at my mom's 60th birthday party with one of her friends. She was telling me about blogging and how she loves it and she was also asking me about teaching and technology. (I am a high school English teacher in San Francisco and a lot of what I write on this might be as a direct reflection of that. I hope you don't mind.) We got to talking about what I have been doing and if my students blog and if I blog and if I could somehow incorporate blogging into the curriculum and so on until I said to myself, "Well, Mr. Hustle, I guess it is time we got this going" and I decided that this morning I would begin. I have a lot of ideas for what I want to write about, so this won't be completely full of confessions, nor will it all be a complete front. I will leave that up to the reader to decide. As for now, I must go fire up the volcano and do some washing.


No comments: